Monday, October 10, 2005

Sometimes I amaze myself.

Tonite I made a cake. A cake I had been planning all weekend. A super cool cake I saw on Cake Central, which is pretty much my new favorite site. Ok, onto the cake!

First, I used two 8" strawberry cakes with strawberry preserves as a filling.





I frosted those in buttercream icing.



Then I used Wilton's Sports Ball Pan and made 2 halves out of pound cake. C'mon, admit it. You're laughing. You think they look like boobs.



I used strawberry preserves again as a filling, and made a ball, and put the ball on the round cake.



What in the world am I making????

Taaaa Daaaaaa!!



A basketball on it's way through the hoop!! Isn't it cool??? It's my first "real" cake. A star-covered cake. It took like 5 hours to make it start to finish, but I think it was worth it! (Especially since it's game 5 of the Angels/Yankees series and I have no shot at watching anything I want tonite) :/

I would usually point out all the flaws, but I'm not gonna do that tonite. I'm just going to bask in all it's beginning cake-making glory.

Next up--a cake with marshmallow fondant. Mmm!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yummo! that looks so amazing - nice work!