Thursday, September 15, 2005

Cake #2

So, I had great visions of this Autumnal cake in my head. It didn't exactly turn out like I had imagined.



I think it would have looked a little better if I had iced it with an orangey color or anything besides white. And the leaf is supposed to be RED. Christmas Red, the bottle said. It's more burnt orange if you ask me. Oh well. It's better than the clowns we were supposed to put on our cakes. No thanky. Still, it's a vast improvement from last weeks disaster. Next week we learn how to make a rose. I hope I'm good at it. It looks sorta tricky--I don't want to be the idiot in class who can't make a rose.

Picked up a new circ today. Just a regular Susan Bates from JoAnn's. Supposedly it's Yarn Month! Hooray! So all needles and books are on sale! Awesome! Anyway, now I just gotta transfer over the chemo cap to the new needles and off I go. They didn't have 16" so I got a 29", and I'm hoping I can figure out the whole magic loop thing. There's only like one site I can find on the website, and it seems to be the one that everyone learns off of. How come it doesn't make sense to me??? Prolly b/c I've never had the patience to read through the whole thing. Typical.

We're babysitting 3 kids for the weekend, and supposedly the oldest, a 7 year old girl, is starting to get into crochet and is loving it, so it'll be fun to do yarny things with her.

Gotta teach 'em while they're young, eh?

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

I love your Fall cake! It's festive!! :)