Sunday, September 11, 2005

Festival

So I went to the Wisconsin Wool and Sheep Festival, (and got a lot of flack about it from my husband and my friends--but I don't care!), and it was pretty cool. There were 2 big barns with vendors, including Weecroft, which is run by a co-workers wife. I stopped by and introduced myself and we chatted for a bit and she gave me some flyers about fiber classes and stuff. Most of it was spinning oriented, which I haven't done, but am interested in, so I bought 2 small balls of roving to mess around with. I don't have a drop spindle yet--have to keep my eye out for a cheap one. I also got a small skein of a purplish-pink yarn called "Waikiki". There's not a lot of yardage, really only good for accents and such. I'm thinking maybe cuffs to mittens or something. And then a couple knitty accesories I'm thinking I might send to my secret pal. Speaking of whom, I should find out her info tomorrow! Hooray!



I'm possibly going with a friend to Chicago on Friday who is auditioning for American Idol. Which means lots of uninterrupted knitting time! I'm thinking I might make my lonely sock her mate, or maybe whip out some more T&Q hats for Christmas gifts.

Any ideas, shoot 'em my way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the pink and green roving! Very preppy and super pretty. Lucky you. I want to get into roving, but I'm worried that if I do it will eclipse my knitting . . . but you never know, right?

So, you've finished one sock??? Pics, please? I'm sure it looks awesome. In fact, as I've gone through and looked at all your FOs, I must say I'm impressed.

Okay, off to go start knitting my first sweater!