Thursday, September 08, 2005

My first cake!

Behold the masterpiece that is my cake!



Derrick is at his first flag football game, so I wrote Congrats hoping he wins. Cross your fingers! Otherwise, I need to think of another congrats-worthy event! The class was pretty fun, but mostly really messy! I know my cake is pretty hideous--I put everything we learned on it. My letters aren't bad, if I may say so myself, but my hearts look like butts. Gonna have to work on those. I need to just sit down and practice, practice, practice. But like that'll ever happen. But I want to make cute cakes for birthdays and stuff, not just lame funfetti frosted cakes. Even though it's my favorite.

And just for kicks, here is a picture of a WIP: a hat I started last night during our live fantasy football draft. It's on Jiffy T&Q, and I love how fast it knits up! I will probably finish it tonite! Hooray!



It's just 2x2 ribbing, and it's getting interesting now that I'm decreasing and trying to sorta keep some resemblance of ribbing going. We'll see how it ends up.

I love having a craft blog! It's very liberating! I don't have to use simple terms to keep the average reader clued in. Not that I've use very technical terms thus far, but whatever.

I'm feeling so accomplished right now, I think I shall break out the flute and play awhile!

:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice hat. Cool idea to haev a seperate crafty blog.