Thursday, September 08, 2005

Secret Pal 6 Survey

Note to secret pal: You'll prolly find out more about me as a person on my other blog. This knitting blog is pretty new, so not much here yet.



1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? I'll work with anything really...except really bad acrylic. Like cotton a lot, and of course, wool.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? basic crochet, but I'm interested in learning how to spin.

3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) cigarette smoke

4. How long have you been knitting? 4 years

5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? Amazon and KnitPicks

6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) clean scents--ocean, cotton--cucumber melon, citrusy smells

7. Do you have a sweet tooth? My preferred chocolate is orange flavored chocolate. I like fruity candies, Twizzler Nibs, skittles, starbursts...

8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? I'm in a cake decorating class right now. i'm taking a watercolor class next month, I've made glass magnets. I want to try and make beaded stitch markers. Don't know how tho...I try to be crafty...sometimes I succeed

9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) pretty much anything really. well, not a huge fan of hard core gangsta rap. I like crossover pop country. Love Britney Spears. But I like disco, oldies, 80s, LOVE 90s music-Coolio, Cantaloop, Blind Melon---you know, stuff like that, classical, rock, punk, ska, you name it. Yes, I have MP3 capacity. LOVE my iPod!

10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? pink pink pink! i love all colors tho. oranges, greens, blues...whatever.

11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? married, no kids, no pets.

12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) get into nursing school, be a mom

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? anything knitpicks, cascade 220, rowan calmer

14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? i've never met a fiber i didn't like!

15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? socks, bags

16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? hats---instant gratification! and you can never have enough--especially in Wisconsin!

17. What are you knitting right now? chemo cap, beanie, scoop du jour

18. What do you think about ponchos? I dig em

19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? circular--love my Denise's!

20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? bamboo

21. Are you a sock knitter? yes, I just started, thanks to my SP5, Heather!

22. How did you learn to knit? old roommate, then mom showed me more

23. How old is your oldest UFO? I have read this as FO for months. What a dork. My oldest UFO?? Scoop du Jour. I stopped last month b/c my ribbing sucked. I think it may be the Cotton Ease tho.

24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Nemo, Kermit the Frog...baby ducks

25. What is your favorite holiday? 4th of July--love the fireworks, food, summer. Although Christmas comes in a close second.

26. Is there anything that you collect? not really. but i have a lot of purses!!!

27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? none, but i want either IK or FCEK

28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? Ultimate Vogue Knitting Reference

29. Any patterns you have been coveting, but haven't bought for one reason or another?? One Skein Wonder from Glampyre

1 comment:

Shannon said...

What can I say...I'll follow you anywhere :) Miss seeing you! We need to hang out soon!